Attempt to Buy a Farm in Brooklyn

I’d like to know how to apply for a garden space for the gardens owned by NYC that are located by the train tracks on 62nd Street in Brooklyn, between 11th and 12th Avenues, in Borough Park. I was talking to a farmer there today, and he said they have been told they have to vacate by this Oct 31, and is not sure when they will be able to come back again.

I would like to know if the gardens will return, and if I can apply to maintain one.

Response from NYC MTA:

This is in response to your e-mail to New York City Transit inquiring information about Victory Gardens.

Please note that community gardens located on city property in the five boroughs are under the jurisdiction of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation. Therefore, we suggest that you direct your inquiry to GreenThumb, which is the community gardening program administered by the Department of Parks & Recreation. You may call GreenThumb at 212-788-8070 or write to GreenThumb, 49 Chambers Street, Room 1020, New York, NY 10007. You may also contact GreenThumb on-line through its website at

Thank you for using our on-line system.

Shakil Axxxxx
Customer Service Representative

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.